sound fx weirdness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sound fx weirdness

Just noticed this today, don't know if anyone else will care...
    I was playing civ for a few hours earlier then when finished i put on a morrisey album Bona Drag. The 1st track on the album (called Picadilly Palare) in the first 20secs contains exactly the same 'wolf' sound effect as used in civ3. Thought i was going crazy at first but after listening to the song and the sound effect a few times I realised that it is exactly the same effect not just a similar one...
    Thought it was weird as the song dates back to the early 90s.
    freaked me out a bit, guess they must have just used the same sound effects CD!

The wolf1.wav yeah its exactly the same Well spotted
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Slightly off topic but people "borrow" sounds all the time. For any given 60 minutes of scifi made since Doom, there is at least one sound taken directly from Doom. The most popular sound to steal is the sound of an icon of sin being spit out of the demon's mouth. The second is the door closing sound. The third is the sound an imp makes (which, incidentally, is the mating call of either a llama or a camel. I can't remember which but on a nature show an animal made almost the same sound). Another one that gets stolen is the scream from the academy in Star Craft*. I've also heard the cry from the griffin in Warcraft 2 somewhere.

I haven't noticed any steals from Civ3. Good going though.

* Ok I remember where this one is. It's on South Park when they pan to a scene in hell in one of the episodes. It happens at least twice in one episode.

Comment

Well stone me, so it is. You'd expect me to have realised that as well, but no. Good find!
        Random signature generator - Press Ctrl & W to see more!

Comment

Working...
        X