Wlt*d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wlt*d

I was just wondering when you guys start going for WLT*D (like building cathedrals and colossea)?
    My level of play is Monarch (and beginning on Emperor).
    I know WLT*D provides a decrease in waste, but what other benefits are there?

Greetz Jurimax

I think that's the only benefit. It is pretty useful, IMO, though.
    "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
    -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

WLT?D also reduces the risk of culture flips if a city is vulnerable to being flipped.

Comment

WLT_D shield waste fighting is extremely useful outside the Palace and the closest cities. Having one in the intended FP city is in fact needed to build the FP in a proper location in a reasonable timeframe. (Without a leader.) The cities adjoining the FP should all benifit.
        Under Communism, all your cities would benifit.

Yes, WLT_D also halves the chance of culture flips.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Thanx a lot for the heads up, I didn't knew however about the halved flip chances.
          But when (what era) do you start going for it? Or do you just take it as it comes along?

Greetz Jurimax

Comment

The way you generally "go for it" is to warmonger -- take the lux from your neighbor.

No need to back off the "nonbuilder" strat to get wltkd going.
            Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

Also if your a war mongler, if you have Monarchy / Despotism / Communism / Fascism, being at war actually gives you negative WW! [Same amout that a Republic / Democracy / Fedulaism temporarly gets when war is declared on them.]
              It's like getting 10% on the luxary slider for free.
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I start trying to get cities in WLTPD when I have 5 unique luxaries thru a combo of owning and trading.

I also want my city building the FP to be in a WLTPD the entire time building it, so I don't tend to start it until after it has a Temple. Court House, Market Place, and Cathdrial. Most of these stuctures helped along via forest chop / cash rush.
                Templar Science Minister

Comment

Working...
                X