Where is multiplayer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is multiplayer?

Is it a patch or what? How do you get it?

comes with the add-ons:

PtW = Play the World
    C3C = Conquests

and then it's an option in the start-up screen
    don't worry about things you have no influence on...

Comment

JK

Unfortunately, they did not include multiplayer with the origanl release of the game. A lot of people were unhappy with this. Some people have said that the material released in the expansion packs is what should have been in the original game. But I digress.

You have to have Play the world. But if available where you live, you may look for a platinum edition or the edition that includes the game and all the expansion packs.

Comment

This lack of multiplayer and the inability to change the sexes of leaders makes this game shabby.

Comment

Well IIRC you can change sexes and even portriant of leaders yourselves. One member made several pictures which you can upload and use for your games if you wish. I believe his name's GenghisFarb. And I'm sure he's not the only one. Check out the Creation thread, you might have to do some digging in there although.
          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

I can't see how not being able to change the sex of your leader could ruin a game for anybody. You don't even see "yourself" in the game.
            "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
            -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Click on the box under the leaderhead when you start up the game and you can enter a gender appropriate name and title for yourself...
              Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

Buy civ3:conquests, it's the best and it has it all.
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

A little late for this critique, I'd say.

Comment

Is this exp "conquest" for mac as well? Because I can't seem to find a mac version on the sites I checked.

Comment

Nope, I think Mac users are somewhat out of luck. There was a pretty good player here named Txurce (you can PM him on this site) who stayed on top of Mac releases... among others, I think there was a German-specific release some time ago (PTW? I am not aware of anything for C3C).
                      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
                      X