Overseas culture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overseas culture?

This caught my eye, couldn't figure out what as causing this at first, but now it seems, that culture cannot cross oceans... A strange pattern it makes.

I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

It can cross oceans. But ocean tiles are "international" so borders can't enter them. They will show up in sea squares on the other side, if given long enough.
    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

And if there's little culture on the other land mass.

As is, on the screen shot, as soon as that yellow city expands from 2 to 3, it's going to take back a few sea tiles.

Originally posted by Modo44
      It can cross oceans. But ocean tiles are "international" so borders can't enter them. They will show up in sea squares on the other side, if given long enough.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

is there a way to make "sea" tiles "international" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Modo44
          Tattila the Hun, if the above occurs in your game, could you post a screenie? I'd love to see it.
          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

He did.
            "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
            -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

I don't see any culture acrossing any ocean tiles in that picture.
              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

I think you misunderstood Modo. He meant that borders can reach the other side of of ocean, not literally include the oceans. If that's not the confusion, then maybe you're not noticing the purple tile 33 from Bubastis?
                "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"

Comment

I've often had Atlantis included in my cultural boundary in the modern era, with the intervening ocean marked outside my national boundary.

Atlantis : One or two sea tiles suronded by ocean without nearby land.
                  1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Are you playing the rise and rule mod there?

Comment

Nah, I believe this is the basic Conquests, or perhaps the Patch Suggestion mod...

It's been hanging on my HD for who knows how long.

That still has a connection to the bulk culture, this "Atlantis" does not?
                      Weird things.
                      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

The reason I ask is because that city has 10000+ culture. Given your current gamestate, that's A LOT.

Comment

I may be talking out of my ass, but that only looks like 1000+ culture to me. It has four squares of territory (linearly), 1 at the beginning, 2 at 10, 3 at 100 and 4 at 1000.

Comment

Ooops, you're right, my bad. Got confused by those dumb ocean tiles.

Comment

Working...
                            X