Great Leaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Leaders

Can you have a scientific leader and a military leader at the same time?

Yes. You can have as many SGL as you want, but only one MGL at any one point in time.

Comment

I forgot to add go Bruins tonight.

Comment

thanks

Comment

HOWEVER,

If you already have a leader (either SGL or MGL), you CANNOT get another MGL.

If you have a SGL, you CAN get another SGL.

If you have a MGL, you cannot get another MGL, NOR can you get a SGL.

Got that?

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

That cannot be correct Arrain. If you cannot get an MGL while you have an SGL and you cannot get either if you have an MGL you could never have both at once and that you can do.

I have seen saves posted here with two SGL's and one MGL. This must mean that you can have one or more SGL's and still get either an SGL or an MGL.

You cannnot get another MGL if you have one already. Me I have not had an SGL in so long, I wold surely use it quickly.

Comment

I actually got an SGL last night! First one in months.

Alas it was for Steel and yes, I'd already built HD. Not a decent wonder is sight. In fact, not any wonder in sight until the modern era and by then they're all just meh.

And then, as if to taunt me, I got another one with Combustion. Two SGLs in one game and not a dang thing to use them on!

Comment

As I understand it, it's the MGL that does the check for other leaders. If you have an MGL, you cannot get another leader of any kind. If you have a SGL you can get any leader.
                "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
                -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

That is correct.

Comment

Really. Interesting. I thought having an SGL prevented getting a MGL. I'll take your word for it.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Nope. I've sat on SGLs and got MGLs. Why can't you have mutliple MGLs?
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

It was just a design choice. Originally they could build great wonders, so if you could stock pile them you could get key ones.

It is not so importnt now since they cannot rush wonders in C3C, but I guess they did not want to bother changing the code.

Comment

TRUE/FALSE

If you already have a leader (either SGL or MGL), you CANNOT get another MGL.

If you have a SGL, you CAN get another SGL.

If you have a MGL, you cannot get another MGL, NOR can you get a SGL.
                          1)True
                          2)True
                          3)False

To generate a Great Leader keep this in mind:

A SGL (Scientific Great Leader), for the purpose of leader generation, will treat all GLs (Great Leaders) as though it were another SGL, including MGLs (Military Great Leaders). Thus you can have as many as there are techs, provided your are the 1st to research all those techs.
                          The opposite is true for MGLs. For the purpose of leader generation, a MGL treats all GLs (including SGLs) as though it were another MGL, and for that, you can only have one.

So inconclusion, if you currently have a MGL/SGL you can still generate SGLs. If you currently have a MGL/SGL, you cannot get another MGL.
                          "And his word shall carry
                          death eternal to those who
                          stand against righteousness."

Comment

Maybe I missed something, but is that not what I said?
                            "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
                            -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

As I understand it, it's the MGL that does the check for other leaders. If you have an MGL, you cannot get another leader of any kind. If you have a SGL you can get any leader.
                              The MGL does not do the check.

The SGL & MGL do independent checks.

If at the end of a turn, you currently possess a MGL and on the next turn you're going to be the first to a new tech, you will get a SGL if the RNG (random number generator) is favorable or if you reload enough times to get the SGL.
                              However, if you just got an SGL and you try to get a MGL by attacking an enemy AI with an elite unit, you will never get one, no matter how many reloads you do.
                              "And his word shall carry
                              death eternal to those who
                              stand against righteousness."

Comment

Working...
                              X