Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOD: RVG Acceleration 2.00 for C3C: Loosen up your gameplay!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOD: RVG Acceleration 2.00 for C3C: Loosen up your gameplay!

This MOD for C3C accelerates the game in order to try to create a better seat-of-your-pants feel and to "loosen" it up somewhat and remove the "stuffy" feel - or is it just me?

(I don't think much of the QuickCiv MOD that came with the game, and the half-production box seems strange to me.)

(Settings for the standard game are in parentheses for comparison purposes)

The timeline has been halved. It is only 270 (540) turns.

Cultural levels are now in multiples of eight: 8,64,512...(10,100,1000...)

Towns now grow to size 12 (6) before they become cities. Cities grow to 25(12) before becoming metropolises.

Citizens only eat 1 (2) food. This helps cities to grow rapidly.

To balance this, units now cost population points. Units in the first era cost 1, in the second cost 2, in the third cost 3, and in the last cost 4. Units without a prerequisite era (eg. Warrior) cost none.

Settlers have 2 (1) movement points and cost 3 (2) population points.

Workers work at double rate, also have 2 (1) movement points, and cost 2 (1) population points.

Movement rate along roads is now 5 (3).

Happiness now has a double effect on citizens.

Minimum population for "We Love The King" day is now 12 (6).

Techs cost half as much. Research time can now be anywhere from 1 to 1000 (4 to 50) not that it should ever get anywhere near the maximum if you're playing the game right!

Mining on certain terrain squares now produces more shields:

Jungles +1 (+0) Marsh +2 (+0) Hill +3 (+2) Mountains +4 (+2) Volanoes +5 (+0)

Difficulty levels have been adjusted as follows:

Citizens born content, Corruption%

Chieftain: 7 (4) , 25 (100)
    Warlord: 6 (3) , 50 (100)
    Regent: 5 (2) , 75 (100)
    Monarch: 4 (2) , 100 (100)
    Emperor: 3 (1) , 125 (100)
    Demigod 2 (1) , 150 (100)
    Deity 1 (1) , 175 (100)
    Sid 0 (1) , 200 (100)

Got a suggestion? For any feedback either post here or you can find my email address in the TXT file which comes in the download. Enjoy!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by The Rusty Gamer; November 15, 2004, 05:52.
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Man that makes sid look very rough. Double corruption and no content citizen. If you have no lux immediately at hand, you are probably doomed.

The AI starts with many units, so they can MP it to get an even larger leap ahead. Have you played any trials at sid to see what happens?

Comment

Although you have no lux imediately to hand, you can spend 10% or more on luxury rate at the beginning until you build a military unit or two. It's certainly a challenge but no, I haven't tried it. I've never played on Sid level period.
      Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
      Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Working...
      X