Maya city naming bug.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maya city naming bug.

You know the city naming routine. Go through the list of names. Then add "New" to the name list. Then add "2" to the name list.
    When you play the Maya, the list doesn't proceed to the "2"s. When you reach the end of the "New" list the next city name is "New ". Never starts the "2" list.
    Is there a fix for this?

As in "New New Chichen Itza?"

I wonder if its possible for a "New New New Chichen Itza?"
    One OS to rule them all,
    One OS to find them,
    One OS to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.

Comment

Just rename them to use the 2 as you build them.

Comment

Not so. After the last city on the list with a "New" prefix, the next suggested name is New . Not New New Chichen Itza. Just New . There is a space after the New. One thing I didn't try was to accept the "New " name and see what was suggested next.
        Right now I have cities named Larry, Mo, and Curly

Comment

Once in a while I start naming cities to use the number it represents. So if it was my 41st one, it would have 41 in the name.

I do this on a conquest deity or sid so I can figure out how many more cities I need to build another army. If it was like your problem, then I would just use the numerical nbame, such as Fiftytwo or New52.

Comment

Sounds to me like there's a city name in your copy of Maya list at the end that's all spaces.

On # of Armies allowed, I think it's roughly # of cities divided by 4. I'm not sure if it's the ceiling of the above (round fractions up) or the floor of the above (drop all fractions), or round at .5.

It would be easier to check if the scroll bar in the dm screen would go down more than 2 or 3 cities at a time.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Is there any way to examine the Maya city list? Or edit it?

Comment

I'm sure if you sniff around Civ 3 files, you will find the list. Of course, make a back-up copy before tweaking any files.
                Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Yes there have been many people post all new list for a civ. Look in the creation forum for the file name.

The number of armies is 1 for each 4 cities. So if you have 19 cities, you know you need one more city to make another army.

It is not till you get out to scores of cities that it is a pain to count them all. If I am sitting on an MGL, I may want to know that my next city will be the one I need to make that army.

So it is at this time, I will incorporate the name with the number. It is not something I need in most games on std map sizes. I won't have all that many armies.

It is when I need to invade a civ with 800-1200 units and they are at least early industrial, that I need all the armies I can get.

Comment

Working...
                  X