PTW crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTW crashes

Hi, I never really had any problems with Civ 3 crashing, but with PTW and the UK patch the game keeps crashing at one point. When I start a new game and try to choose a new technology to research the game crashes. Any ideas what I can do? I mean I thought that would be addressed in the patch, but it just keeps crashing when I want to change technology

You mean it crashes when you open the science advisor screen? Or is that okay and it only crashes when you click on a tech?

Especially if it crashes simply opening the science advisor screen, it sounds like you have some data corruption. Try downloading the patch again.

Comment

Ok, I've downloaded the patch again and tried. Hmmm... maybe I should deinstall and then reinstall if you think it's data corruption. Glad you don't think it's a bug though... thanks for replying.

Comment

Yeah, definitely uninstall everything and then reinstall the game before trying the new copy of the patch.

And yes, I think it's probably data corruption. Science advisor crashes generally mean something's wrong with the data due to corrupted default files. (Or a problematic mod.)

Comment

Did you fool around with the editor?
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
          X