AI ganging up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI ganging up

I am not new to Civ, Civ II, or Civ III. But I am fairly new to the Conquests upgrade. I have noticed that if a civ attacks me early in the game, all I have to do is get one or to other civs in a MA and the rest of the civs gang up until the attacking civ is gone. Is this normal or just luck?

Partially luck, but not uncommon. MAs tend to multiply.
    "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
    -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

I have the impression, that civs don't behave equally, though. May be it depends on some trait, or aggressiveness setting, or both combined, but some civs tend to eagerly seek more alliances (France comes to mind), while others don't and some are even prone to backstab (e.g. Persia). But this are observations, no actual research done.

Comment

It is not uncommon, but who knows what all goes into the who and whens and whys.

Normally they will try to get allies, but they do not always have the resources to buy them. Sometimes a given civ has a predisposition to like a given civ or has a trade deal and will not come in.

So you end up with some in and some not. I do the same thing. If I have the means to get them all to join I often will. This is usually when I use a tech to get them to join. I may as well pass it around to as many as I can.

Otherwise I may be limited and go for the ones I least want to see against me. This may be due to size or location.

Comment

The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer. This applies across many categories, including tech, resources, economy, and military/alliances.
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

You don't need to make MA with everybody.
            If your NMY is a neighbour, make a MA with his strongest neighbour. If he isn't, just choose one of your neighbours between his and your own empire.
            You can even peacefully conquer this neighbour by waiting until his cities are captured by your NMY, and then taking them.

greetz
            http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

I'm often on the receiving end of the gang. They all seem to get jealous once I grow so big.
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
              2004 Presidential Candidate
              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
              X