Game Saves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Saves

Does anyone know which file controls where the games are saved? I want to reconfigure the game settings so that it saves to a floppy disk by default. Is it possible? Thanks for any help.
    Visit my site! Here!

Main part of the site isn't up, but the forums are nearly done. Here

You could get into trouble if you have autosave on. They can get over 1.44MB.

Why do you want the slowness of floppies. Just copy them periodically.

Comment

Thats the problem. I play them at my school, but the computer tech put a save-lock on the computer to prevent anything from being saved on it. So, I need it to where I can overwrite the file everytime I finish my game on the floppy. Is it possible?
      Visit my site! Here!

Comment

Try this setting in the ini:

WindowsFileBox=0
        I've never used this but apparently setting it to 1 causes a standard windows dialog to be used for loading and saving.

Then you should be able to direct the save to any valid device the OS has available.

Comment

May I advise you to get a USB-key btw.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Where can I find that file to change it to 1?
            Visit my site! Here!

Comment

It goes in the ini file for the game. So if you are playing C3C it will be conquests.ini.

Comment

This may be a dumb question.

Why are you saving to a floppy and not a CD???
                "And his word shall carry
                death eternal to those who
                stand against righteousness."

Comment

well, maybe the school pc doesn't have a cd writer, the pc at my school doesn't at least...

Comment

Your school district isn't get its students state-of-the-art computers??? Then what is it doing with the money it gets from the State & Federal governments???
                    "And his word shall carry
                    death eternal to those who
                    stand against righteousness."

Comment

It doesn't have a cd writer. Just a floppy and a normal CD drive. We don't get much funding where I go to school.
                      Visit my site! Here!

Comment

my school neither, seems Muad'Dib's school is getting all the money ;-). my school don't even have enough money to buy a DVD player, so some teachers put together and bought one with their own money. the pcs we do have are not financed by the government either, we did some fundraising to buy them (I go to school in Germany).

Comment

Working...
                        X