• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those **** Dirty Inca!

Uhh... what teh fark?

The graphs look funny.

oops, wrong forum.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gamecube64; October 28, 2004, 17:30.
    I changed my signature

Do you mean both have the same color?

Comment

I've seen that before. I think the Inca is a little bit darker. You must have the French or Arabs in the game, as those are the two civs that can take pink away from Inca.
      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by
        Gamecube64
        Uhh... what teh fark?
        Good camouflage?

Originally posted by Swissy
        I've seen that before. I think the Inca is a little bit darker.
        No, it isn't. The lighter version would be possible to distinguish. Them buggers both have the same color. I've seen it happen a couple times, so far with Japan and Carthage.

That's what happens if you let the game choose the civ colors. I changed that a while ago with a simple mod. In the editor, when you change rules, the Civilizations tab has an option to set the color for each civ. So every civilization got the same one color - both as Default and as Alternate. There you go, problem solved. [edit]Mind you, the standard palette still leaves two civs that must use alternate colors.[/edit]
        Last edited by Modo44; October 28, 2004, 02:15.
        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Yeah happened to me in my first epic game - there were two purple factions. Inca and I cannot recall who was the other one.
          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

I fail to see how this is a strategy article
            "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
            -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Heck, one might lose wars, thinking "I seem to have a stack of cavalry stationed beside my capital. OK, no need for them now..."

Then those cavs ATTACK!!!
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Well, being color blind, there are a number of differing colors that I cannot differentiate between. I have almost had that attack happen before, actually. Not in a SP game, but in PBEM's where I don't see the save for a while, and don't remember what was what.

There are also certain colors on specific units that I have difficulty seeing on certain types of terrain, which is why my graphics pack is a little off...
                One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

For this kind of mix up, you don't even have to be color blind. Just try figuring something out by looking at the minimap, when two civs of same color are neighbours.
                  Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

I use color blind so I do not have to figure out who has what color today.

Comment

I eliminate the problem by killing off one or both of those with the same color.
                      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                      2004 Presidential Candidate
                      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                        I use color blind so I do not have to figure out who has what color today.
                        Colorblind help rather sucks. All it does is tag the cities.

Seriously, there needs to be a greyscale mod to get some of you to see what it's like...
                        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                        X