C3C crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C3C crash

I hope this has not already been addressed but I searched and have not found an answer yet.

I have the original civ3 and that plays fine. I recently purchased and installed C3C . I went to play it and when I double click on the program the screen goes black, the CD-rom spins but the game immediately crashes back to the desktop. Can anyone help me, please?

Thank You.

You did not say what you have for OS, is it XP or what?

Anyway, I would suggest you copy any saves or scenarios you have. Then uninstall both. Use regedit to ensure all is removed.

Install Civ3, no patch. Install C3C. Try it out. If it works, then apply 1.22 patch.

Comment

Sorry It is Windows xp with service pack 2 installed.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I have also tried running the game with the patch and without the patch. I also tried running the game directly from the CD with the same results. Also I have tried changing the compatibility mode after I found it was not working under XP, with no luck.

Comment

Wow, I ran for about 2 years with XP PRO and now SP2 and have no issues (now).

I do know that with XP, the pc rig has some impact on things. I have games that stopped working when I switched to new hardware (same OS).

Contact support.

Comment

PS if the civ3 part was an old bootleg, many people could no longer ge the game to work. If it is a legit copy, then ignore this post.

Comment

Hey thanks for the help. It was the registry. It worked after I cleared it out. Apparently there was a conflict with a previous demo I downloaded.

Comment

Smooth

Comment

Working...
              X