civ3 editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civ3 editor

I don't get the editor. Sometimes when I open it, it has a bunch of choices grayed out. Do you need to upload the game to use those? And how do you download the changes to the game? I made a new map but couldn't find it anywhere in the game when I started it over.

THe parts that are unavailable to you are for editing the core of the game (units, wonders, the good stuff....) To open these options you must choose "edit rules". Click on that option and affirm the choice in the warning message box. Once that is done you will be able to edit all of the rules to the game.

The map is another issue, and could have multiple reasons. The two most obvious are 1) You didn't save the scenerio or 2) You didn't load the scenerio. Note: Do not modify the origional file unless you are experienced with the editor as unforseen consequences. Hope this helps, if you need further assistance feel free to send me a PM.

-MB
    * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
    * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
    * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
    * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

If you are talking about the greyed out items from the EDIT function, you need to select custom rules to use those features.

When a map is generated in the editor, you need to save it with the save as function. It will be saved in the civ-content folder.

When you start a new game use the civ-content option to see the new map as what ever name you gave it.

Comment

When you edit the civ rules, do they automatically change or do you have to do something to put them in effect.

Comment

You have to start a new game. They won't apply to any game currently underway.
          Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
          X