Hosting Games (PLEASE HELP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosting Games (PLEASE HELP)

A friend and I have just purchased Civ3 Conquests and would like to play together. Unfortunately, we cannot host games.
    The games do not show up at all in the default mulitplayer lobby, and though they are visible in the GS lobby, when launched, my friend would time out while making the connection.

We both are running XP, and we have both disabled the firewall that XP comes with.

If i must open up certain ports.. please explain how we go about doing that.. as i cannot seem to find the location of this option.

Please help us, as we have been trying to play Civ3 multiplayer for quite a long time.

Perhaps your not playing with the same patch?
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

same version

no, we're running the same version. Conquests 1.22.

Even if that were the case, other people who WERE running the same version would still be able to see mine and his games in the lobby. The games arent showing up to anyone.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Last I was there, the Gamespy websight had the needed info on which ports need to be open and recommended a program to take care of this automatically...
        Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

Its been a while since I have done this but you might like to try connecting directly to the other persons ip. One person hosts the game (this person has to wait in the screen where you choose tribe, map size etc) and gets their ip number from www.whatismyip.com the other player click on direct ip in the ingame lobby and plugs the ip number in.

good luck
          Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty
            Its been a while since I have done this but you might like to try connecting directly to the other persons ip. One person hosts the game (this person has to wait in the screen where you choose tribe, map size etc) and gets their ip number from www.whatismyip.com the other player click on direct ip in the ingame lobby and plugs the ip number in.

good luck
            Thanks

I'll also try this as me and Platypuss Rex had a time of it today..
            I couldnt see his game and he couldnt see mine

So we are looking at a direct IP hookup

Gramps
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Anyone knows why there seems to be strangers chatting even when you host a LAN game?
              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

I find that amusing too, to get around I turn of internet access for the network.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                  Anyone knows why there seems to be strangers chatting even when you host a LAN game?
                  YEAH!!

I saw that yesterday..
                  This make we wonder and ponder I tell ya..
                  Attached Files
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                    I find that amusing too, to get around I turn of internet access for the network.
                    How do you do that?

Comment

I pull the plug out.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Running with scissors: the solution to network security

Comment

Working...
                        X