Sid Stupidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krill,

Forget what I stated before. Your ideas are contagious, you know...

Doing fine by the end of the Ancient Times, but you really have to generate your own map and 'twist' it a bit...
    The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

Vikings can do OCC on Sid with a decent random 80%/Archipelago/Tiny start.

Comment

Aeson: Why not use the Dutch instead? Would it be to trash the capitals if the AI approaches the 20'000 culture mark?
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Basically it's to destroy the AI early, and then go for a late 20k with no competition. Curragh or two, Great Library, Barracks, Archers/Galleys... and then upgrade to Beserkers. Keep building Beserkers and Galleys until you've razed all but one AI city, don't bother with any units outside the AI cities. Once the AI are in hand then work on culture.

Other civs can do this, but the Vikings are best at it. Doesn't work every time. You need to get the Great Library. Need to get Invention (or at the least, Feudalism and Engineering) before the Great Library goes obsolete.

If the AI aren't killed on a Tiny map, it's my experience that most of the time one of the AI will hit the Domination limit.

Comment

Interesting approach Aeson.
            Mine is a bit more peaceful. I just thought of vmxa1 post about 860+ units with 5 cities, so I'm playing France for obvious reasons and hope to get a diplo win. I'll keep you posted.
            The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

Working...
            X