Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Them crazy Americans!

I know, I know!
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Hmmm....

I'm bored at work on a supposed holiday (everyone is off but my company apparently).

How are Americans crazy? (sounds like the setup to a joke)
    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

And why does it show Gamecube64 as the thread starter? Methinks we're missing part of the thread, SG.
      Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I have no idea what this is about... I was just kidding around, as the thread was empty.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Perhaps we are crazy with expansionism and industrousness in our F-15s.
          Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Not only was I working, but so was my dentist. (I was there for a check up)
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

This is looking more and more like an OT thread every time I check it.
              Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

What the...

Anyway.

I was playing a game and my empire was vast, Korea was abit smaller, but the sandwiched Americans only managed to get 2 cities! I took Washington to get iron. (which the Germans stole with a city, but that is another story.) Any reasons why the Americans are so small? I will post a SS later.
                I changed my signature

Comment

Hard to say without a look at their land. Bad starting location? Repeated German archer rushes? If started early, those destroy cities, instead of conquering them. And Americans start without Bronze Working...

Post a save or a screenie, so we can laugh at the puny Americans.
                  Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Did you buy their worker early? Or maybe it was captured or killed by Barbs early.

It has been shown time and again that the AI just can't cope with the loss of its only worker early in the game.
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I have 13 cities other than Washington. They have an extra. Monarch
                        Attached Files
                        I changed my signature

Comment

Difficulty level?

It looks like the America lost a Settler at a key moment, and went into defensive mode. Would that have been your doing?
                          And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Probably lost their only worker early. I saw something like that in one game--Dutch had only one city when I stumbled on them, and no workers. I built a road to them, started trade, and gave or sold them a worker. Soon after, they started expanding, which was great for me--I went to war and took their cities. I felt like they were settling for me.
                            "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

I didn't do anything to them, other than taking Washington very recently. It is Monarch.
                              I changed my signature

Comment

Working...
                              X