Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simple corruption question

Hey,

I'm playing C3C, and I hate the corruption levels in the game, and basically want to drastically reduce it.

I've heard of this being done in Civ3 vanilla by flagging lots of different building with anti-corruption qualities, however I can't figure out how to do this in Conquests.

Does anyone know how to edit the rules so that I can accomplish this, preferably in a way that will affect a game I've already started?

Thanks guys

You'd need to insert your new rules in to a saved game to effect a game in progress. I'm not up on the latest on Gramphos' Multitool, but if anything can insert new rules in C3C saves, it can.

For actually creating a new ruleset, you have some options on reducing corruption. One is to just go to the Difficulty Levels tab and reduce the corruption % slider. This will effect the overall corruption bite taken out of your cities so that you don't even have to build improvements.

If you do want to have to build improvements, you can indeed go to the Improvements and Wonders tab and click on "Reduces Corruption" for various improvements you want to give that ability to (currently only courthouses and police station have that flag).

Comment

You have set it up in the Conquest Game Editor 'prior' to playing a game. And there, there are several options and strategies for to accomplish low corruption. A game already in motion is basically, 'fixed' with settings/options it started with.
      The Graveyard Keeper
      Of Creation Forum
      If I can't answer you don't worry
      I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
        You'd need to insert your new rules in to a saved game to effect a game in progress. I'm not up on the latest on Gramphos' Multitool, but if anything can insert new rules in C3C saves, it can.

For actually creating a new ruleset, you have some options on reducing corruption. One is to just go to the Difficulty Levels tab and reduce the corruption % slider. This will effect the overall corruption bite taken out of your cities so that you don't even have to build improvements.

If you do want to have to build improvements, you can indeed go to the Improvements and Wonders tab and click on "Reduces Corruption" for various improvements you want to give that ability to (currently only courthouses and police station have that flag).
        Thanks, but at risk of sounding dumb... where are these tabs? In the game or the map editor...?

Comment

The editor. You have to enable custom rules in your scenario and then choose "edit rules" from the menu.

Edit: BTW, one thing I forgot to mention is that the difficulty levels tab is, well, for different difficulties. So you'll need to set the corruption slider for each level you might want to play at.

Comment

[corruption nazi mode]

Booo! Learn to play with corruption!

Corruption makes sure that the first civilization to win a war doesn't run away with the game.

Corruption gives the underdog a chance to win.

Corruption gives the builder more gratification for overcoming it, and the warmonger more challenge to succeed.

The game has been balanced for corruption. Remove it (or reduce it) and you have an unbalanced game.

[/corruption nazi mode]

Comment

Corruption really isn't a problem for me unless I'm playing on a huge map (which I love).
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
              2004 Presidential Candidate
              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
              X