Should I buy Civ 3 again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I buy Civ 3 again?

I bought Civ3 in the Uk when it first came out, and quite enjoyed it despite some of the obvious flaws. I was not much good, not for lack of practice!, but that is beside the point.

Then I changed computers, and could not re-install Civ3, got some sort of much-discussed bug that could not be fixed.

So the question is, would you recommend that I repurchase it, now that several new versions have come out, and some, although apparently not enough, patches have come out.

Also, given that I am in the UK, which version would you recommend that I buy.

Ta
    Definitely, its still a great game
    60.00%
    Only if you get the right version and patch
    30.00%
    Definitely not
    0.00%
    Buy Civ3-Banana conquest
    10.00%

The poll is expired.

Get PtW, look if you can get a good Gold deal. PtW has a very good AI if you're into SP (as most are) and very few bugs left. Patch it to version 1.27f.

Conquests has good features in general, but is abandoned as buggy mess by Firaxis and not longer supported, so chances that it will be improved are zero. Get it if you are into Multiplayer (most bugs concern SP only), otherwise it's wasted money. Should you decide to buy it, don't buy PtW, as it is included in Conquests. Patch it to 1.22.

Comment

i bought a copy at ebay. It was fairly cheap. They come with manual on disk, but since the patches, the manuals are outdated anyways.

Greetz
      http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
        Get PtW, look if you can get a good Gold deal. PtW has a very good AI if you're into SP (as most are) and very few bugs left. Patch it to version 1.27f.

Conquests has good features in general, but is abandoned as buggy mess by Firaxis and not longer supported, so chances that it will be improved are zero. Get it if you are into Multiplayer (most bugs concern SP only), otherwise it's wasted money. Should you decide to buy it, don't buy PtW, as it is included in Conquests. Patch it to 1.22.
        Thanks for the tip - just what I needed to know.

Comment

If you ask me get Conquests, not PtW.

If you really want to can always play PtW with Conquests installed (since Conquests include PtW expansion).

And Conquests have some cool scnearios (which PtW lacks).

And there are many new fetures I got addicted too, even if it has some flaws.
          More good then flaws in my oppinion.

Comment

I think Conquests is the best expansion so far. And it's not really a waste of money. Amazon.co.uk sells Conquests and PtW for the same price (14.97 Pound).
            And Conquests includes PtW.
            Of course if you don't have the original Civ3, you'd maybe look into the Gold Edition (civ3+ptw) or wait till the deluxe gold edition (civ3+ptw+conquests) but that will cost a bit more.

Comment

Working...
            X