Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your policy on conquered enemies?

Mine is: Put them in reservations!

For example, in my latest game, in an act of great generosity, I gave the Byzantines and Portuegese some prime real estate inside my empire where they could continue their existance.
    Attached Files
    CSPA

The Incas were given a reservation in a fertile region:
    Attached Files
    CSPA

Comment

That's a disgusting display of a complete lack of regard for civil rights.

In short, I love it.
      New American UU: Al Gore-Eliminates pollution and you get "The Internet" great wonder instantly.

New Hittite MGL: Howard Dean(listen to what their UU sounds like when it attacks)

Comment

I'd be much more inclined to give some AI civ that isle to the north.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Beautiful!

I take it you make a mess of your rep by making peace long enough to give them their prepared reservations? If so, even better.
          Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Yep, my reputation went down the drain. Not that it really matters when you pwn them all
            CSPA

Comment

From another game: The Indians were given a reservation in a region know for its volcanic beauty.
              Attached Files
              CSPA

Comment

I understand that you found the city yourself, call it Indian Reservartion. Than you donate it to the Indians, and ultimately you detsroy/ take over all other Indian cities...
                don't worry about things you have no influence on...

Comment

Watch out for AI Culture though: even reduced to one settlement, the AI can "fight back" by flipping your hardly-conquered cities. I learned this the hard way in the Peacekeeping AU where Babylon kept on getting its cities back 500 years after my initial purge.
                  And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

That's a brilliant and devious idea!
                    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
                      From another game: The Indians were given a reservation in a region know for its volcanic beauty.
                      That's just nasty.
                      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

T, you mispelled lovely.

I wish I'da thunk of it.
                        Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I did so in my "Uncle Sam" role-play game more than a year ago. I had the self-made rule not to exterminate the Iroquois and Aztecs (the only 2 tribal civs back then, even though the Aztecs are another history), but to let them survive in reservations. I gave them 1-city-islands and wiped them off my continent. I negotiated ROPs and stationed troops there. At times (when I had nothing better to do) I let my workers even improve their tiles.

Comment

Working...
                          X