The AI and Government choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The AI and Government choices

What does the AI do when the civ in question's preferred government doesn't become available until the Industrial era as far as government choices? Do they just stay with Despotism or is there some trait that causes the civ to pick one non-preferred government over another.

Thanks for your responses

Machinae
    No one finds it difficult to dismiss from philosophical consideration the problem of a man who wails that life entraps him in an irreconcilable conflict because he cannot eat his cake and have it, too.

i don't think so

in my recent game, everybody went republic...

very nasty

until the industrial age. then suddenly everybody were fascist bastards.

no more problem
    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

The preferred government does not affect the AI choices in that matter. They will switch to whatever government they think is best, choosing from the ones they have available.

Preferred and shunned government only affects their attitude towards other nations. If somebody likes Republic and you are in Republic, they will like you a bit better. They will like you less, if you are using the government they shun.
      Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

So I'm assuming that the AI makes government choices based on how violent the game is going and the aggression level of the civ. Maybe the values as well? For example if they prefer Wealth or Happiness or any Military units, does that affect the machines choice?

Machinae
        No one finds it difficult to dismiss from philosophical consideration the problem of a man who wails that life entraps him in an irreconcilable conflict because he cannot eat his cake and have it, too.

Comment

I don't know how the choices work exactly, but you are about right. If it's peace, the go Republic and Democracy if they have it. If it's war, they go Monarchy/Feudalism and then Communism/Fascism. It varies a bit depending on the civ you meet, but that's the general idea.
          Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Working...
          X