Dual installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual installation

I'm trying to have a dual installation (Conquests) right now, with some success, but something isn't quite right.

Here's what I did:

I renamed my current 'Civilazation III' folder to 'modciv'.

I used the reinstall option on the Civ III and Conquest CD's to create a new installation.

By only doing that for the new installation I found I was left without some artwork (anyone run into this?) The folder '...art/units/ANICIENT LEADER TIMES (I think that was the name, I'm not at that computer now) was empty. But there was a corresponding "...art/units/ancient leader" folder that had the necessary artwork.

So, my new installation crashed when it needed that artwork.

Testing my old installation it also crashed on that artwork, even though the artwork is in the current folder. The old installation did come up with it's old patch revision (1.12) and the new one come up with 1.22 so I know the program is launching in the right area.

But I'm guessing the old version has some sort of ".INI" file that assigns a hardcoded path to the "Civilazation III" folder instead of it's current folder? My question would be where is that happening? (It's not the icon...I changed both the "target" and "launch" area to "modciv" instead of "Civilazation III".

The other (more scary) thought is that it's registry entries. I hate having to mess with those, but if anyone knows if I need to in this case and knows which ones, I'd appreciate any info. (even if it just points me to where I can find the info).

Thanks!
Working...
X