Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map of Distances

Hi everyone:

I suppose nobody has released such a thing, if someone did I suppose I am late.

Anyway, here I go.

First of all I wan to thank Alexman whose Corruption Study has inspired me to do all this work.

I have started a deep study about corruption in C3C, and studying how Distance Corruption works I realised that when we are playing in a cilindric map (a map with N-S poles and W-E connected borders), distance corruption is minimised when one palace is on the northen part and the other palace is on the southern part of the map. (See Alexman Corruption's study for more info).

The reason behind this fact is that MAX D (the maximun distance in a Civ map) can only be reached in a N-S line. The fact that the W-E borders are connected prevents distance from reaching 50 % of the total MAX D, so placing one palace to the North and the other to the South will reduce more Distance Corruption than placing them one to the East and the other to the West.

Finally I tryed to demonstrate my idea and I set up an Excell file to help me and here is the result.

This Excell file can map any distances from any point to the nearest Palace (Capital or FP) depending the map type (plain map, cilindric map, toroid map), ant its size (250 x 250 maximum).

I hope you enjoy it and it will help to micromanage your corruption.

----------------------------------------------------------------

HOW DOES IT WORKS, HOW TO USE IT

1. This Excell file contains 3 tables one for each kind of map, so the first step is selecting the kind of map you need.

Plain Map: Plain maps have their 4 borders, unconnected.
    Cilindric Map: Like any world map, they have W-E connected borders and poles (N-S unconnected borders).
    Toroid Map: Toroid maps have their 4 borders, connected.

2. Once you are working in the correct table you have to select the Size Map.

H : The quantity of cells for the Height.
    W : The quantity of cells for the Weith.

Unfortunately 250 X 250 is the Maximum my Excell file can calculate, but at least, this is enough for managing Huge Maps.

3. The third step is selecting the coordenates for the Capital and the Forbidden Palace (if you have only the Capital Palace, use the same coordenates for both).

Be careful, as Civ Maps uses an isometric view there are half coordenates lost.

Coordenates can be only two pair or odd numbers: (Pair, Pair) or (Odd, Odd),

but never (Pair, Odd) nor (Odd, Pair).

4. Finally you should use the zoom to see the distances map.

White: distances are under 5.
    Green: distance is between 6 and 10.
    Yellow: distance is between 11 and 20.
    Red: distance is over 20.

The Excell file also calculates the sum of all distances in the map so you can use it to see which pattern minimises distances and consequently Distance Corruption.

The best results I have found have been written as default.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That's all.

I hope you enjoy it.

Thanks to Alexman for his studies and formulas, and the whole Spanish Civilization Community for their support.

Thank you for viewing and downloading
    Attached Files
    This is very useful for my micromanagement.
    71.43%
    This is a total waste of time.
    0.00%
    I think that bananas from Canary Islands are the best bananas in the world.
    28.57%
    «… Santander, al marchar te diré, guarda mi corazón, que por él volveré ». // Awarded with the Silver Fleece Medal SEP/OCT 2003 by "The Spanish Civilization Site" Spanish Heroes: "Blas de Lezo Bio" "Luis Vicente de Velasco Bio" "Andrés de Urdaneta Bio" "Don Juan de Austria Bio"

Here is an example.

Let me show you a screenshot of my work.

Here is a Distance Map for a standard map for C3C which minimises the total sum of distances of the map.

As you can see the best pattern of expansion is diagonal.
    Attached Files
    «… Santander, al marchar te diré, guarda mi corazón, que por él volveré ». // Awarded with the Silver Fleece Medal SEP/OCT 2003 by "The Spanish Civilization Site" Spanish Heroes: "Blas de Lezo Bio" "Luis Vicente de Velasco Bio" "Andrés de Urdaneta Bio" "Don Juan de Austria Bio"

Comment

Very cool

In practice, however, it's not distance corruption that matters, but the sum of distance corruption and rank corruption. This value will max out for a large part of the map. That means that the Palace/FP layout that you show above will not be optimal for minimizing total corruption, unless you have very few cities compared to the OCN.

In other words, in C3C it's best to place your FP relatively close to the Palace, otherwise the distance corruption reduction provided by the FP will not matter.

You had a good idea to investigate the effect of MaxD though.

Comment

Thank you Alexman, I am glad you posted here. This file is only the first step but I hope I can map rank corruption in the future.

Comment

Working...
        X