Ship Destruction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ship Destruction

One of my favorite visuals when capturing a port city is the graphic of the enemy ships caught in port as my elite troops pour into the city.

Since installing the 1.29 patch several months ago, this graphic seems to be missing. I just sacked a Byzantine city and caught at least one ship napping in the harbor. Instead of the animated graphic of the ship breaking into two pieces then sinking, the ship just appears for a moment, then disappears. I don't know if I destroyed one, two or more ships.

Admittedly, this is a minor issue. Maybe someone has experienced this and could offer a suggestion.
    Haven't been here for ages....

Could this be an effect of having turned off enemy unit animations or (don't even remember if this is a valid option) combat animation? Or some other combination of variations of animations

Comment

The same thing happened to me as well, and I, too, love watching them ships burn. Fixed the glitch by reinstalling the previous graphics. Hope this helps.
      Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
      Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
      "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

Yeah, I've noticed this also, but I had just accepted that it was a lost somewhere on the way from CIV2 to CIV3. Now you mention it though, it is curious.

It's definitely not "enemy animations off", 'cos they're "on" in my games.

I preferred to see them ships go down, and it's nice to know how many you caught.
        Diderot was right!
        Our weapons are backed with UNCLEAR WORDS!
        Please don't go, the drones need you.

Comment

Okay, that's for the responses. It is not "enemy animations off" as they are also "on" in my preferences.

However, Iskandar Reza's post prompted me to review the graphics pack which I installed recently...and I think that solves the problem. I won't know until my indominate army sacks another coastal city with ships at harbor

Comment

dp

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
              Okay, that's for the responses. It is not "enemy animations off" as they are also "on" in my preferences.

However, Iskandar Reza's post prompted me to review the graphics pack which I installed recently...and I think that solves the problem. I won't know until my indominate army sacks another coastal city with ships at harbor

Can you post some details & let us know if this solves the problem. I don't have any special graphics packs installed . . .
              Diderot was right!
              Our weapons are backed with UNCLEAR WORDS!
              Please don't go, the drones need you.

Comment

Working...
              X