Changing turn speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing turn speed

Im getting fed up with the tiny amounts of time between each era and i was wondering if it were possible to edit the turns so they always go at one turn a year instead of one turn every fifty years. Then i could edit all the other times like research times to be longer. Any ideas how i could do this?

To change the number of years per turn, go in to the editor and select Scenario|Scenario Properties. You'll see a "time scale" box at the bottom. Just change all the right-hand boxes to one if you want one year a turn from the beginning.

Note, however, that since you'll be proceeding at one year a turn, the new 2050 AD will be 3460 BC. I just checked, and it's not possible to get the game limit to be 6050 turns; the best you can do is 1000, which will still only take you to 3000 BC. So if you want the date to go in to the ADs, I suggest you do less drastic changes to the Time Scale.

Changing tech costs is a different matter. There are two ways you can do this; one's easy, the other is definitely not. Either way, you need to select Scenario|Custom Rules, then Rules|Edit Rules.

Here's how tech works: the base cost is determined by individual values for each tech. This is then multiplied by the Tech Rate for the size map you're playing on. (There are other factors such as difficulty, and situational factors like whether you have contact with civs that know the tech, but those don't really matter here.)

The easy way to change tech costs is to just go to the World Sizes tab and change the Tech Rate that all tech costs are multiplied by. If you know what size map you're playing, you only need to do that one. The Tech Rate box should be easy to find; note that its beaker value is actually the value in the box divided by 10, so if you want each tech point to cost 20 beakers, the tech rate needs to be 200.

The hard way, if you want to change costs individually for some reason, is to go to the Civilization Advances tab and change the tech point value of every tech to your liking. Don't do this unless there's an important reason; for example, if you want Ancient and Midieval techs to have increased cost, but not Industrial and Modern.

Comment

It was proposed---
      -Im getting fed up with the tiny amounts of time between each era and i was wondering if it were possible to edit the turns so they always go at one turn a year instead of one turn every fifty years.
      Furthermore---
      Then i could edit all the other times like research times to be longer. Any ideas how i could do this?

I say---
      Interesting question. But if you want to change the time scale to run one year per turn regardless of the era and make research time longer, in the end it would seem like a very boring game with lots of space/enter's to move along.
      If you just changed it to one year per turn, then it would just look really cool to have a spaceship ready to launch in what in modern times would be considered the stone age, all in all, the only change is the year.
      But by making the research take longer, you're really just doubling the game time. As much fun as it is to play, it's be more fun to just play two games . Sure, the irrigation and road building would be more realistic, and maybe that is what you're going for, to build your cities faster.
      In the end, all you are really doing is making the tech take alot longer to complete.
      Poised for conflict at Ground Zero, ready for a war!
      Many nordic Fighting men, their swords and shields all gleam in the sun.
      Attention: All planets of the Solar Federation, we have assumed control.
      http://saveamerica21.tripod.com

Comment

Working...
      X