Maximum Hypertext Links Exceeded ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum Hypertext Links Exceeded ??

I get this windows error message from time to time when playing Civ3 Gold... is anyone able to tell what it means, and/or how do I alter the number so I don't get this message?

My CPU is well more than enough powerful, and memory is well beyond the requirements needed. So I'm not sure what needs to be tweaked.

Sorry.. just noticed a thread with this topic... it wasn't here the last few times I looked here... or I was really stupid/silly/etc. and missed it.

The odd thing is, the answer is to not build units that use resources, such as saltpeter... what the hay?
    That is a recipe for a sure loss... there has to be another way around this? Why would anyone not build units that require resources?
    All we would have are riflemen and a couple other weaker units from early on if your race/civ has them available.

Comment

I've only seen this happen in the F4 screen when clicking around on the various AI leaders. The solution is to use the 'd' button in the bottom right of the main GUI to go directly to an opponent's diplo screen. Are you getting the message outside the Foreign Advisor's screen?
      Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

Working...
      X