Unable to move relics in Middle Ages Conquest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to move relics in Middle Ages Conquest

I have not figured out how to move the relics that I control. I can select them, but not move them.

Any help here? What am I missing?
    Attached Files

You need to use a unit to pick them up. They cannot move on their own. Click on the swordsman standing over the Shroud of Turin and you'll see a new button that allows you to pick up the treasure. Then you can move the treasure to where it needs to go.

Any unit with an attack score of 1 or more can pick up a treasure though so you don't necessarily have to use your best units to pick up a treasure...unless there is the chance that unit could be attacked in which you want it to be able to survive an attack.

Comment

I'd recomend keeping the treasure with a unit that's really weak in both attack and defense. That way your not tempted to use that unit attacking and in addition, it's on the unit that's last to be attacked in a stack.

Originally posted by Rhothaerill
      You need to use a unit to pick them up. They cannot move on their own. Click on the swordsman standing over the Shroud of Turin and you'll see a new button that allows you to pick up the treasure. Then you can move the treasure to where it needs to go.

Any unit with an attack score of 1 or more can pick up a treasure though so you don't necessarily have to use your best units to pick up a treasure...unless there is the chance that unit could be attacked in which you want it to be able to survive an attack.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

A unit carrying a relic will turn red in the stack list (like the relic itself is red on the list in your screenshot). Also, when you have the unit selected, you will see a "(!!!)" next to its name in the lower right corner of the screen.

I like to use knights to carry relics because they're both strong and fast, making the crusade to Jerusalem an easier task.

If a unit carrying a relic is killed, the relic itself will reappear and can be picked up by another unit. The same also happens if the carrying unit is upgraded or disbanded. (So you can use this as a means to transfer the relic to a new carrier if you wish.)

You will receive your 10 000 victory points the moment one of your units enters Jerusalem carrying a relic. Note that you must control Jerusalem to do this, as your unit has to enter the city.
        "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
        -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Originally posted by Guardian
          If a unit carrying a relic is killed, the relic itself will reappear and can be picked up by another unit.
          Speaking of which, what happens if the unit carrying a relic is on a transport that gets sunk out at sea?
          Is the relic destroyed, or just the carrier? If it's just the carrier, does the relic appear on some shore where anybody can pick it up (I think this happened in Age of Kings) or does it go back to your territory?
          The monkeys are listening.

Comment

Now that's a tricky one. I really don't know - I guess we'd have to try it out and see what happens. However, seeing as how ships always seem to be lost with all hands, I imagine you'd lose the relic as well and that it would simply be gone forever.
            "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
            -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Take plenty of attacking power! I just tried it with suxteeb swordsmen -- and that's a pain with just one to a curragh, along with 4 in each galley (with the relic of course). My boys were slaughtered.
              Jack

Comment

Sorry, that should read "sixteen swordsmen".
                Jack

Comment

MyOlde: You can edit your post directly. Just click the "edit" near the upper right hand part of your post.

Does the relic count as a passenger in a boat?

Comment

Originally posted by gunkulator
                    Does the relic count as a passenger in a boat?
                    No, just the unit carrying it.

Originally posted by MyOlde
                    Take plenty of attacking power! I just tried it with suxteeb swordsmen -- and that's a pain with just one to a curragh, along with 4 in each galley (with the relic of course). My boys were slaughtered.
                    Well, that's why I hit them with 30+ knights.
                    (-and even then they managed to put a nasty dent in my task force!)
                    -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Working...
                    X