Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some basic CIV3 help

Hi guys,

I am playing CIV3 for some quite years now and recently dug it out.

Some questions.

I downloaded 1,22f and it seems the forbidden palace doesn´t affect more cities than just the one where it is build, why?

Is there a newer patch?

Also is there some good, nice graphics set out there that I could use to replace the vanilla one?

And is there a sort of long-term CIV III game MP scene around somewhere?

Thanks,
    AD

There are bucket loads of information on the 'Forbidden Palace' buried around here in the forums like so much forlorn history, as a matter of fact; all the time and resources wasted on it, probably killed off other fine fixes. Only the sub-bug is more notorious. Does this help?

Next, in the realm of patches, well new, is not exactly better, or rather the last unofficial beta-bug patch. I favor 1.15, it has different model for the Forbidden Palace you might like better.

Vanilla sucks, yes find a mod and modify it to taste. This works best.

I know little of MP, however whole sections this site are devoted to it! So I guess, read some headings. Considering the AI hangups, some favor MP over all else. Can't blame them.

Sincerely,
    The GraveYard Keeper
    The Graveyard Keeper
    Of Creation Forum
    If I can't answer you don't worry
    I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Re: Some basic CIV3 help

Originally posted by TheArchduke
      Hi guys,

I am playing CIV3 for some quite years now and recently dug it out.

Some questions.

I downloaded 1,22f and it seems the forbidden palace doesn´t affect more cities than just the one where it is build, why?

Is there a newer patch?

Also is there some good, nice graphics set out there that I could use to replace the vanilla one?

And is there a sort of long-term CIV III game MP scene around somewhere?

Thanks,
      AD
      v1.22 is the latest and likely the last patch so the forbidden palace stuff will remain like it is unless you find an older patch.

My favorite graphics mod is sn00py's mod, with Niessuh's touchups on various things like the look of mines and irrigation. You can find all those in the civ3files forum (probably within the first few pages too).

As to MP, if it's PBEM you're talking about then 'Poly has a thriving Civ3 PBEM forum. If it's online MP that you're talking about then check out the Civ3MP forum. They might be able to help you out or direct you to wherever the Civ3 Ladder website is located (it's supposedly the best MP site around, though I've never been there as I don't play online MP).

Hope that helps.

Comment

Re: Some basic CIV3 help

Originally posted by TheArchduke
        ...I downloaded 1,22f and it seems the forbidden palace doesn´t affect more cities than just the one where it is build, why?
        Lot's of threads on that topic floating around here I guess.

A short summary:
        Having the Forbidden Palace increase OCN(Optimal City Number) which lowers overall corruption in your empire. The FP also lowers corruption quite drastically in the city it is built, and lowers the distance corruption for those cities closer to the FP than the capital.
        Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the quick answers.

Comment

Working...
          X