need a little help from a vet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a little help from a vet

Hi there. I played the original Civ 3 alot a couple of years back, but I just picked up Civ 3 Complete today and had a couple of questions.

First off, do I need any patches?

Second, I want to play a game as the American tribe, but I would like them to be Industrious and Commercial(rather than Expansionist). I went into the editor and changed this and moved it over to the scenario folder. Everything was fine when I tried to start a new game, except I was unable to set the game to 'SID' level, something I was really looking foward to.

I loaded up a couple of other scenarios that come with the game and they allowed this difficulty level, so I'm sure it can be done. I'm a real noob when i comes to the editor and such, so if someone can tell me how to make this happen, I would be very thankful.

I'd recommend you downloading the latest patch which is 1.22 for C3C.

I'm not sure if your game comes in completed with the latest patch alto. I'm sure you can see a number on lower left bottom corner of your introduction screen?

Word of Warning: I'm not a veteran here! I'm a fellow green player.
    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

There are some articles in the creation forum about modding civ.

I have not seen complete, but the final patch level for Civ3 is 1.29f and for PTW is 1.27f. They should be applied already.

C3C I would want the 1.22 beta patch, so if it does not come with it, DL it.

Comment

not sure if this is the case, but if you open up the vanilla civ3 or civ3 PTW editors or save the scenario with non-Conquest file extentions, you wont be able to use the Conquest add-ons (such as "Sid" difficulty, new units/luxuries, etc.)
        I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

Working...
        X