Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would you need openGL for CIV?
    --

Upgrade both your game (patch 1.29) and possibly your videocard driver. You should be fine then.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Videocard driver :

DirectX 9.c

download, software, update, Microsoft, product, computer, PC, Windows, Office, server, MSN, Live, game, Xbox, security, driver, install, trial, preview, demo, popular

Civ patch

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Originally posted by alva
        Why would you need openGL for CIV?
        --

Upgrade both your game (patch 1.29) and possibly your videocard driver. You should be fine then.
        If the program claims it need it, I guess that it is nessecary, but don't ask me why it is
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Alright i'll do that, thanks fellas.

I really hope this works, downloading all these programs is such a painful wait on my 56k.

And BlackCat, just on the side, how did you get your computer to support openGL?
          Last edited by NickB33; April 6, 2005, 01:09.

Comment

Well, the game patch 1.29 didn't solve the problem... next up: Video Card update... I have a good feeling about it though... the release notes says that this openGL thing is supported.

Comment

Originally posted by NickB33

I really hope this works, downloading all these programs is such a painful wait on my 56k.
              Ack!! Time to upgrade there mate, best investment you'll ever make.

Comment

$$$

Comment

That expensive? I know for me it's cheaper to use cable (42€/28£) than it is using a 56K modem, considering all the time I spend on-line.

Comment

Ohh it's about double the price for me where i live... ahh well.

Meanwhile i downloaded the VC update and i didn't help the game either. I don't think i'll bother with downloading directX either. It's 34 MB, and it wont make my game work either. It didn't for BlackCat.

So does anybody have any other tricks up their sleeve?

Comment

You are making your download problem four times bigger than nessecary. If I'm not wrong, then you have found the redist version of directx, and you only need a runtime wich is at 8 Mb. Check here :

download, software, update, Microsoft, product, computer, PC, Windows, Office, server, MSN, Live, game, Xbox, security, driver, install, trial, preview, demo, popular

Actually, it was upgrading to directx 9.0c that removed the black screen and revealed that I had to get openGL support on my VC. After that all worked fine for me.
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Excellent, thanks a lot Mr. Cat. I'll download this and post the results. I have a good feeling about this one. (But then, that really hasn't changed anything before. :P)

Edit: By the way, does it matter that my version of windows xp isn't original? There's this validation process that this site wants me to do before i download. But my xp is copied. Does this matter? I'll hold off from downloading it until i get an answer... Better safe than sorry!

Comment

When you click "continue" you get the possibility to validate later/not this time, so you might be safe

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I'm an idiot.

Comment

Don't worry, you're deffinately not the only one here.

Comment

Quite right - we are a majority - hope your problems dissapear so you also can get your nightsleep spoiled

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                                X