No announcement yet.

Someone needs to be taught a lesson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can do that, Barinthus. Just build settlers/workers out of the native population and replace them with workers/settlers built in your cities with your population. It's a standard tactic.
    Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

As predicted the Chinese turned Furious after I declared peace with Cartago and Zululand. Even my 1000gc donation did not do anything.
      The AI just wants to get destroyed if it can't honor friendship.

Comment

It's normal AI behaviour. By making peace with someone while in alliance against him, you break the alliance treaty. The more of those you break, the less respected you will be in negotiations. The same thing happens if you make peace and then declare war again, before 20 turns have passed. Actuall, I'd become angry too, if you wouldn't keep your word. Very angry.
        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Yeah, but the Cartagians very almost defeated by that time. I have completely fulfilled our treaty.
          Anyway they probably dislike me too because I declared peace with the Zulu who attacked the Chinese and we had a mutual peace pact. But I'd like to point out that this is no real war, just some tiresome fighting over control of the seas, which is quite easy to accomplish given the Zulu's puny navy.
          The AI needs to recognize wars that are not really wars and the Zulus will be dealt with, but at a later date.

I had a game recently where the english declared war against the american. Both were completely seperated and needed to cross the whole map to get to each other. So the english sent lots of longbowman and horseman through my territory and when they finally made it through, they declared peace again and all the troops returned. I bet there wasn't a single attack. That's really a pointless war.

But now that I think of it, this might be exploitable if you are facism or monarchy and declare on democratic civs and never make peace, in the end they'd suffer heavy from war weariness, while your people don't mind at all.
          Within 15 turns you could completely screw up their science progress. And it is sufficient to just be defensive and fight them off.

Comment

Originally posted by Atahualpa
            Yeah, but the Cartagians very almost defeated by that time. I have completely fulfilled our treaty.
            Anyway they probably dislike me too because I declared peace with the Zulu who attacked the Chinese and we had a mutual peace pact. But I'd like to point out that this is no real war, just some tiresome fighting over control of the seas, which is quite easy to accomplish given the Zulu's puny navy.
            The AI needs to recognize wars that are not really wars and the Zulus will be dealt with, but at a later date.
            Well, it doesn't. So if you make a treaty, then stick to it - even if it looks silly. This will help you keep good relations with the AI. That is, if you want to keep good relations.

Originally posted by Atahualpa
            But now that I think of it, this might be exploitable if you are facism or monarchy and declare on democratic civs and never make peace, in the end they'd suffer heavy from war weariness, while your people don't mind at all.
            Within 15 turns you could completely screw up their science progress. And it is sufficient to just be defensive and fight them off.
            It is a standard way of crippling the AI economy. Stay in war with them long enough and they will switch governments to a form without War Weariness.
            Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Working...
            X