Goverments - corruption discriptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goverments - corruption discriptions

OK, there are a bunch of different goverments with differing amounts of corruption/waste:
    Anarchy: Catestropic
    Despotism:Rampant
    Monarchy/Fudalism: Problematic
    Republic/Facism: Nuisance
    Comunism: Comunual
    Democracy: Minimal

Is this the correct order of differeing anoyance?
    Verbally, the difference between problematic and nuisance is not entirely clear.

Correct order except for 'communal', which wouldn't really fit into any such list. Its corruption is completely based on OCN and not distance whatsoever, so there is no direct comparison. Read alexman's corruption report for more information.
    "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
    -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Summary: (See alexman's corruption report link above you want the details)

In Conquests, the differance between problematic and nusanice is very minor if you have a large enough empire.

OCN based is the same, but distance from capital is slighly less with nusanice than problematic.

Rampent vs Problematic : Effective OCN is higher (resulting in CN corruption being lower) in Rampent than Problematic.

Nuisance vs Minimial : Effective OCN is higher (resuing in CN corruption being lower) in Minimal vs Problematic.

Communial is very different, but basically the affects is that instead of a core area of cities that are really good (or two with FP), and outside the core the productiveness of cities decreasing, all cities in your empire have the same percentage of corruption. Exact amount depends on the number of cities, more precisely how far over the OCN you are.

Basically a Democracy has a few core cities that can build a Tank in two cities, several in three, but on the borders they'll take forever while a Communist civ has no city good enough to build a Tank in even three cities [unless the Palace, FP, or SPHQ is there] and would be hard fetched to find one that can build Tanks in four, but has lots and lots of cities that can build Tanks in five turns, and even the newly conquered cities on the frontier (if not too small) can generally build a Tank in less than ten turns. This tends to give Communist gov that's big enough a slight edge on military, while keeping Democracy's big edge in the Space Race. The key is big enough. Communist govts will also require Court Houses & Police Stations in all cities while Democracys don't need them in the capital nor the first ring cities.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
      X