Foreign Advisor Screen Mod/Utility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign Advisor Screen Mod/Utility?

Does anyone know if there's a mod that changes the foreign Advisor screen to show all the Civ's that one has met in the game in one easy shot?
    Perhaps something that is outside of Civ -- like a utility.
    Shift clicking one after another is just a pain!

Forgive me if this is easy to find but I have spent about 2 hours looking/searching in the downloads of various sites--maybe i'm blind man!

Thanks
    PM

There's no way to put this in the game without modifying the .exe

I don't know of any prog that can do this by loading a save game outside of civ, either.

Sorry.

Comment

Thanks Kloreep.
      With all the guru's out there I thought somebody would 've done this. I've been playing this game for so long it hasn't bothered me until a few days ago.
      I played the C3C scenario with the Japan Daimyo's. Without faces in the foreign advisor screen and the unfamiliarity with the names it suddenly hit as an impossible task keeping track of who's who.
      You may call that culture shock I suppose, since I am a westerner .
      Yet another real life experience in this "matrix" we call Civilization!

Comment

I don't know of any prog that can do this by loading a save game outside of civ, either.

You won't find one either, not possible.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I would think it would be possible if you knew the ins and outs of the save format and are willing to program a new diplo screen. You couldn't actually do any diplo, but you could theoretically set up a program to show you the status of 16 civs at once.

That said, I don't think anyone has gone to all the effort this would require, even if enough about the save format is known to set up something like this.

Comment

Hmm, how would you be able to set up a new dplo screen from a save game file?
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Just read the diplo data out of the save file, like Civ3 does.

Like I said, it wouldn't be able to conduct actual diplomacy, but it could theoretically allow you to click around on different civs to show treaties and active deals and such.

Comment

Yup, doing diplomacy is fine as is. Looking at what is going on is what is cumbersome. Especially when you're in with all the Civs you can play against.

It doesn't need to be fancy. Something like a simple a spreadsheet that lists all the relations.

And if someone uses Auto-Save then it could reference every newly saved file for every turn or hey just load it manually by going to the folder.

I wonder if anyone tried to do it and failed. Cause I can't believe that this is an original idea.

Comment

Working...
                X