Help a newb!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help a newb!

Hello, Just picked up Civ3:PTW pretty cheap. One thing though is I want to play with my friend online. Is the total limit only 8 including both players and computer? That seems really small..we wanted to do a huge map allied vs 16 computer enemies. Yet when I got to play the scenario map we made the limit is 8 in the multiplayer menu..including us. So having only 6 computer players is a disapointment. Was hoping there was a fix to this or a mod that allows more computer players than 8 total.. thanks for any help.

Re: Help a newb!

Originally posted by pro24b
    Hello, Just picked up Civ3:PTW pretty cheap. One thing though is I want to play with my friend online. Is the total limit only 8 including both players and computer? That seems really small..we wanted to do a huge map allied vs 16 computer enemies. Yet when I got to play the scenario map we made the limit is 8 in the multiplayer menu..including us. So having only 6 computer players is a disapointment. Was hoping there was a fix to this or a mod that allows more computer players than 8 total.. thanks for any help.
    8 is the maximum including both humans and computer. There is no fix or mod available unfortunately. Hopefully this will not be an issue in Civ4 as it is definitely a limiting code

Comment

C3C allows 32 civs, but I don't know what the human player limit is.

Comment

Hmmm... you could play SP against 16 (or more) AI civs as sort of a two man demo team, and trade off playing the save. Not quite what you had in mind, but could still be fun.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

8 players max (combined AI & Human) is the limit for multiplayer games.

It's origin is probably the online version of multiplayer over the internet.

31 civs total is max for Single Player because the barbaribans use up a slot. (This is why in C3C there is a leaderhead for Austria but they aren't on the list.)
          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
          X