Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teturkhan's large world scenario

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has played any of Teturkhan's large earth world scenarios in the C3C content?

This is a massive 256x256 map of the earth populated with 31 civs and 74 new units. There are a lot of civ unique unit graphics as well.

Big game that looks impossible to win and takes many minutes process time between turns (unless you significantly cut down the number of ai opponents).

I'm having fun right now with Japan (monarch level). I'm about 4-5 techs behind the leaders but I'm gaining a little each turn.

Anyone have any advice? I'm curious to see if anyone else has discovered this gem in the civ content section of C3C?
    signature not visible until patch comes out.

256 x 256 and 31 civs, ouch.

Comment

On my Pentium 1.8? No way.

Comment

Originally posted by gunkulator
        On my Pentium 1.8? No way.
        That's what I got. Had to cut down the number of civs from 31 to 24 to make the time between turns bearable. Of course I'm still in the medieval era so I might have to quite once reaching the industrial era if the time between turns drags too much.

Comment

Any map over 200x200 with 24 civs+ is unbearable when the AI gets rails. The reason is, IIRC, that the AI never stops moving it's units until it has uncovered all the FOW it can without moving the units into another civs culture.
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I'm running an AMD 2.6 with a gig of RAM, i'd probably want to double my specs before attempting to run that.

On the other hand the long turns might make me keep up on the weights o_O
            "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

Play Civ, learn a new lanquage, per turn!
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
                Any map over 200x200 with 24 civs+ is unbearable when the AI gets rails. The reason is, IIRC, that the AI never stops moving it's units until it has uncovered all the FOW it can without moving the units into another civs culture.
                Wasn't there something you could type into the file that turned off the AI patrol routine?

Comment

You should be able to turn it off, the computer already cheats so that it can see all the map and unit placements supposedly in the FOW.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Here is the thread with the file for all the .ini file tweaks:

ini tweaks

Comment

For a slightly smaller world with 32 civs where the wait is much smaller, try Rhye's of Civilization (at CFC), also available at RoC site .

Comment

Had to give up on my 24 ai civ game as the wait time between turns approached 20 minutes upon reaching the industrial age.

I turned off the ai patrol and most animations but it didn't help much. The good thing about this mod is the latest version of it allows you to play a random map of your size choosing. This makes for a much faster game but with the benefits of the mods' rules, units, and techs.

Jaybe:

I think I'll try Rhye's too and compare the speeds. From what I read you can have 31 civs on a large map and have wait times of about 2-3 minutes upon reaching industrial age.

Comment

I"ve played them both, and Rhye's is much faster. I do like TET's though. I played on Monarch as the Hungarians and took over all of Europe. Then I got bored.

It was fun though. Before I got bored at least.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                          X