what"s up with the game these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what"s up with the game these days?

I've been out of the loop in terms of atari/firaxis/sid/soren etc. i mean, what's happening? is this (civ3 conquests) the end of the line? are the boys (sid and soren) ok? retired? up to something new? it seems the entire genre of turn based strategy games is suffering these days. that is sad. anyone remember the old talonsoft campaign series? sigh.... guess i'm getting old....
    "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Ever since some fool gave Joan a whip, no one's safe. If you see someone in black leather... run.

Comment

Heehee. was that code for "i don't know"?
      "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

Are you asking about things other than Civ 4?
        "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
        -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

what?! is there such a thing? am i that out of it?

i like ibble blibble

Comment

I'm guessing you are bigvic. Yes, Civ4 is currently in the developmental stages with a (target) release date of Fall 2005.

Comment

Look at the forum one above this one...
              "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
              -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

And Soren is a lead designer for Civ4.

Probably the reason why patching Conquests is not priority.
                grrr

Comment

C3C is dead at 22.

a shame, as it remains horribly flawed.

Oh well. I was looking forward to the day that the middle ages scenario was playable, but damn those assassins.

Comment

Civ4 will be guaranteed bugfree. I highly recommend to buy it.

Stop complaining about Conquests now!

Comment

Besides, what did you expect to happen to a game, that was given to a company with the apposite name "BreakAway Games"?

Comment

Middle Ages is playable now, I'm in the middle of it as the Turks. Well I have to give manual orders in the section that assassins from Abu are lurking, but no other problems, and that problem will go away once I have my own Assassins to fortify in cities in that area.

The Bryzanties were the first civ wiped out. Bulgars are following. And following that will be the Russians.

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                        C3C is dead at 22.

a shame, as it remains horribly flawed.

Oh well. I was looking forward to the day that the middle ages scenario was playable, but damn those assassins.
                        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                        Templar Science Minister
                        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
                        X