Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Modding Experience

Hey all,
    I've been modding the epic game all summer, and am now giving up. School's about to start and all the focus in the community seems to be shifting to civ4. I've come to accept that by the time I finally finish it, civ4 will have been patched and the expansion released. So, here's some of the results of my labours: I learned how to make a tech tree, then in the middle ages learned how you can't really fit more than 30 techs and still look good. Unable to 'trim' my beloved exhaustive tech tree, I moved on to other parts.

see below:
    Attached Files

Comment

So then I started 'touching up' this excellent dragoon I found by changing his colours so he was easily identifiable and players were able to differentiate between different civs. Let me emphasize I did not make this, just changed colours of his uniform.
      Attached Files

Comment

Look's nice! Crowding a tech-tree? Gee, is that really possible?

Just some fun, and hope you had a lot modding!

Actually, my sentiments about the impact of CIV4 are mixed; namely, it will be so different anyway, maybe Conquests will survive. Also, if they keep to their reputation, it may flop. That's right, I know it's a pessimistic, but gee still earned.

And who knows, if CIV4 has kick-ass game editor, I won't care if the vanilla flops, as long as I have chance to make the game what I want. Conquest comes close and if their conscious ever catches up to them (Firaxis) mayhap they will fix... armies, artillery, all bombardment, loaded units and barbs.

And see, I had gone so long without 'name calling'!

OH, and Good Fortune in school.
        The Graveyard Keeper
        Of Creation Forum
        If I can't answer you don't worry
        I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Once that was done (and looking very dragoonish) I went back to the tech tree. What got me really hung up was the governments; I couldn't tell if a theocracy was a religious feudalism or if a constitutional monarchy ever actually existed.

I should probably mention my musical endeavors since every once in a while someone asks about how to change the music. I was able to mix the civ2 music into longer tracks and replace the beastly modern music, resulting in a nice 'civ-esque' atmosphere.

So in conclusion, thanks for the experience. I'd been planning this mod since vanilla civ3, and finally putting some work in it was rewarding. This forum is an excellent teaching tool with some very very talented people, and I always enjoy lurking here whenever I get some zany idea. Here's looking forward to Civilization 4: may it be easily moddable and have social engineering!

Comment

he he, you're too fast a typer Antrine. THanks!

Comment

Double on that social engineering, I would like to have a full-blown imperial court in action!

Not a fast typer, a T-3 plus connection speed!

Good Fortune!!
              The Graveyard Keeper
              Of Creation Forum
              If I can't answer you don't worry
              I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Working...
              X