No announcement yet.

The Balancer Reloaded mod (TBX-R) Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here it is. TBX-R version 1.00 has been released. You can download it at Evo-games forums located here: http://www.evo-games.net/Home/viewto...25835614#21004

You may need to register at the forums before you can download it.
    "Do all you can to go in by the narrow door! A lot of people will try to get in, but will not be able to." ~ Luke 13:24 (CEV)

Comment

Gatling gun?

First of all, thanks...
      I really like the improvements....
      i wonder if anybody else has experienced a problem with the gatlin gun?
      my game crashes when either I or the CPU try to build a gatlin gung! it says: FILE NOT FOUND, Art\Units\Gatling\ParrotVictory.wav
      please help!

Comment

I've posted a fix for the Gatling gun. Sorry for any inconvenience. I am amazed you're at that point already!
        "Do all you can to go in by the narrow door! A lot of people will try to get in, but will not be able to." ~ Luke 13:24 (CEV)

Comment

You should post a new thread for it and I'll have it moved to files.
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Gatling Gun?

Thanks King...
            (... where exactly did you post the fix...)
            i couldn't wait for a fix so I improvised... i took a wav file from another unit folder and copied, renamed, and put in the gatling gun folder. To my amazement, it did work!
            Right now, i'm almost at the end of the Idustrial era... I like the new techs and the numerous units, now i can wage a true war with my german empire!
            one thing i deplore is these "Guerilla", in my world, the russians are weaking havoc with them. That's one reason i'm building my army to crush the russians!

Comment

The patch is posted on the same thread you downloaded from. I basically just removed the link to the missing sound file from the ini.

EDIT: I agree about the guerilla's... they can be a pain in the arse. Some of my beta testers resorted to sealing off their borders so they couldn't get through. I think it does present a level of realism, but if they irritate me too much or we get lots of complaints, I might end up changing them so they are not hidden nationality again.
              Last edited by Kingpin; August 17, 2005, 15:09.

Comment

Guerilla

I don't agree totally with the "realism" of the use of Guerilla by the CPU. In real life, faction of guerillas don't terrorize another nation without some kind of conflict!
                Furthermore, these guerillas in the mod travel too far from one point to another, i don't remember their move #, but, it's got to be at least 8 or 10...
                The russians in my world use them as their sole military force, and it really creates an imbalance considering I'm using my tanks... on the long run, i'll win the war, but it frustrates me to see these guerilla move that fast into my territory.... it's not a fair balance!
                I think in next game, i'll remove them or shorten their movement...
                thanks again for the mod!

Comment

TBX-R

I don't agree totally with the "realism" of the use of Guerilla by the CPU. In real life, faction of guerillas don't terrorize another nation without some kind of conflict!
                  Furthermore, these guerillas in the mod travel too far from one point to another, i don't remember their move #, but, it's got to be at least 8 or 10...
                  The russians in my world use them as their sole military force, and it really creates an imbalance considering I'm using my tanks... on the long run, i'll win the war, but it frustrates me to see these guerilla move that fast into my territory.... it's not a fair balance!
                  I think in next game, i'll remove them or shorten their movement...
                  thanks again for the mod!
                  I understand... Guerillas move only 1. However, they love taking railroads and such. I had them penetrating deep into my territory becuase I had a right of passage agreement with their nation... big mistake on my part

I will bring this issue up with my beta testers to see what they think.
                  Last edited by Kingpin; August 18, 2005, 09:23.

Comment

I am such a newbie here

Comment

Working...
                    X