Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the risk of a spam response...

Ditto what VMX and VonD said.

If you can't load your saves.... THAT would be a problem.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by vondrack
      It was bad thinking on Mig Alley creators part, since grabbing the generic .SAV extension for just "their" saves is a bit arrogant...
      How is this different from what Firaxis was doing?

Comment

Civ3 doesn't associate itself with .sav files, the files in save folder open with "unknown application". If you double-click a .sav file, it doesn't open civ3, just the windows prompt asking what it should do with the file. I think, if still associated with Mig Alley, it would try to run and open the civ saves...
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
          How is this different from what Firaxis was doing?
          What Tattila said - Firaxis did not do anything like that.

Using the generic .SAV extension for one's savefiles (Firaxis) is ok - that's what generic extensions are for. Associating the generic .SAV extension with one's savefiles (Mig Alley) is not ok - see what it did to poor Beta...

Firaxis is not saint - but they are not guilty of this sin.

Comment

Thanks one and all.

vmxa1, von/Radek, nye, they are still called Mig Documents, but you are correct, they load fine and civ3 pbem continues unabated and in fine fashion.

(other than of course, the fact that vondrack is not involved in any pbem games. )
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

Funnily enough, I started out as you, and all I know from computers comes from the endless difficulties with trying to get said games to work and keep working. Oh, and IRC.
              How true! I remember getting Eli to do my first avatar for me. Or my first experience with IRC. But I still consider myself a complete rookie. My latest challenge is figuring how to get the excell spreadsheet I did for the PBEM census loaded so it shows up as an attachment.

Hint Hint. vondrack???
              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

xls is a valid attachment in poly, so as long as it is less than 500K you can attach it.

If it is larger than that, zip it first.

Open the standard reply and look for the browse button below the clipboard window (where you type in your message).

The browse option will let you locate your xls file and then it will be attached.

Comment

Working...
                X