Configuring workers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configuring workers...

I remember reading somewhere, that worker actions can be prioritized, meaning that worker is more likely to first clean pollution, then lay roads, etc. But I'm unable to find such setting from the editor, or conquests.ini.

Help!
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Automation is the only way I know of and with that they only have a one track mind. Being able to script their actions sounds like a great idea.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Nonono, Ut's the automation I'm talking about. Some time ago, I tried a new, urban sprawl railroad graphic. It's author told, that in course of time, the map might look cluttered with all the small houses and whatnots growing in every railroad junction, and that the workers could be scripted to leave rr'ing mountains and such to later date.

So it could be done I just don't remember how...

A side note, wonder why the basic smiley picture has been replaced by "FC Twente" logo?

Or is my firefox SNAFU'd?

Comment

Very interesting. The main reason I _almost_ never use the the automated works is because of the grid pattern they make. I almost always have mines on grasslands and irrigation on plains. This only differs due to resources or a city needing expansion (irrigate a grassland). I'd be quite happy if I can make the AI workers do that for me, the problem is that will probably affect the computers workers too, no? That may screw them up. I usually only do auto pollution cleanup and auto no altering, and not until very late in the game.

Comment

Same here. One thing I'd like them to do, after cleaning pollution/jungle/forest, would be to check if the square has road, if not, build one. Dozen workers clear a jungle and move along, losing one valuable turn by moving to roaded block. Couple of workers build road, and the rest get to the next location on the same turn...

It is set somewhere, that the automate command has a high priority to clean pollution. I was under the impression, that this could be altered.
          Can't find the source anymore...

Comment

Working...
          X