How to change advantages of Civs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change advantages of Civs

I know how to do this on the Scenario Editor, but what if I wanted to do it for the whole game? Say I wanted to make the Chinese Industrious and Scientific, but still have Mao as leader and all that great stuff? Anybody know?

open conquests.biq (or civ3mod.bic, or civ3X.bix) and edit rules->civilizations

Comment

One trick you'll have to use, since conquests.biq is read-only, so the editor won't let you save it:

1. Create a backup location. You can just create a folder in the Conquests folder and call it Backup.
      2. Open the original conquests.biq file in the editor.
      3. Make whatever changes you like.
      4. Save it as conquests1.biq (or some other name like that)
      5. Move the original conquests.biq into the backup folder.
      6. Rename conquests1.biq to conquests.biq.

I used this to give every civ extended city names without having to play it as a scenarion each time. One other suggestion I'd make is to save your conquests1.biq as a more descriptive name, as well (so that you have two of the same file, just with different filenames), since any patches or updates you install will erase your changes if conquests.biq is the only place you have them.
      Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Thank you very, very much...

Comment

my civ3moc.bic file keeps coming up with a coded type of writing how can i change that so i can edit it

eg:¶0Úx&#æ?Z©i^cò¦ü3ˆÿhÃ!žMÂÈYS†\8ô¯óžÉˆúâþ/"¾771@ÁÅÿ1I#F.œöžÉ
          thats what it looks like pls can u help me

Comment

A cheap shot on deciphering your cryptic message I think you will want to save it uncompressed... still I don't know what it should give you to open it in a hex editor instead of the civ3 editor.
            you have to save it uncompressed: Uncheck View>Options>Compress BIC files

Comment

Sounds like you're opening it up with a text editor.

Try this:
              1. Right-click civ3mod.bic and select 'Open with...'
              2. Choose 'Select the program from a list' and click 'OK'
              3. Click on 'Browse'
              4. Find and select 'Civ3Edit' in your Civilization3 folder (or whatever you named it) and choose 'Open'

If that doesn't work, you could always open Civ3Edit directly and 'Save as...' civ3mod (after backing-up the original, of course).
              "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

Working...
              X