8 civ dip screen limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 civ dip screen limit

have either of the expansion packs adressed the problem that the diplomatic screen can't accommodate a 9-16 civilization game?

Not really, but C3C you have a drop down menu that list all the known civs beyond the first 8. You select one on the main screen and then select one on the list to replace it.

So you can never have more than 8 displayed at anyone time, but it is not hard to switch a civ. It is lacking an overview of all relationships.

Comment

Actually, that feature existed in vanilla C3.

Comment

The dropdown menu isn't there in vanilla, but there of course is a way (SHIFT+Click?) to switch the civ portraits around there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
          Actually, that feature existed in vanilla C3.
          Actually it does not. They do have a crude means of seeing the other civs, I doub that many like it much.

I recall the scores of poster in those days that could not figure out how it worked. At least in C3C it is a bit more intuitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
            The dropdown menu isn't there in vanilla, but there of course is a way (SHIFT+Click?) to switch the civ portraits around there.
            I thought that's what he was talking about.

Comment

In the expansions you can also hit “D” on your status box (I guess it is called) which will pull up the names of all the Civs you’ve contacted, but not their faces. It also lets you know at a glance who you are at war and who you are at peace with. The problem is it doesn’t let you know at a glance who you can trade with, or their attitude.
              "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

That's what I always use. I usually remember that stuff (and don't play with too many civs).

Comment

BTW using the D (diplomacy) is not bad, but it only lets you see the your relationships, not the AI to AI ones.

It is handy though for those 16 or more civs to see who you are at war with.

Comment

When the entire world breaks out in an entanglement of wars, alliances, and MPPs, and I have 16 civs or more in the game, trying to sort it out is a complete mess. There is nothing more painful to me then having to go into the diplo screen and move civs on and off the primary screen in different combinations to try to get it straight.
                    "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

When it get to one of those FFA world wars, I usually give up on diplomacy beyond trying to trick as many AIs as possible into breaking alliances. Then I most peacefully wipe my neighbours from the face of the Earth.
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                      X