Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barbeerhj
    Dissident

I have a question regarding the minimod you used for the last game. I think you used the SnOOpy(G or X) minimod, if this is correct, where did you find one that is current with C3C?

The reason I ask is that I love the graphics on that mod, but I dislike not being able to see any of the new nations on it.

-Ron
    Snoopy Terrain Graphics Modpack v4.5 for Civ3 Conquests (C3C) Created by: Daniel (aka Sn00py, Icedan) Knowles Greener version created by Thunderfall ----------------- README ----------------- This modpack changes the terrain graphics to be more detailed and easier to identify. It...

interesting note about the installation. he says to play it as civ content. But that's the same as playing a scenario right? I manually installed the files in the art/graphics folder or whatever. So I don't have to click on civ-content when I start a game.

Comment

Dissident

Thank you very much for giving me this link!

Indeed, after seeing the Mayan nation on that picture, I instantly became curious on where you got.

-Ron
      "It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. " Voltaires

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

Snoopy Terrain Graphics Modpack v4.5 for Civ3 Conquests (C3C) Created by: Daniel (aka Sn00py, Icedan) Knowles Greener version created by Thunderfall ----------------- README ----------------- This modpack changes the terrain graphics to be more detailed and easier to identify. It...

interesting note about the installation. he says to play it as civ content. But that's the same as playing a scenario right? I manually installed the files in the art/graphics folder or whatever. So I don't have to click on civ-content when I start a game.
        Yes, that's playing it as a scenario. The idea is to leave the original graphics intact in case you ever want to go back.

I did what you did, though

Comment

maya are pretty cool. But I dislike early uu's now (when I first started playing I love them). It wasn't easy getting a golden age. I built the great wall, but didn't get it. And getting wonders on monarch level has been a problem for me. I barely managed to defeate an ancient cavalry with a few of my spear guys (I can't remember the mayan uu name )

Comment

For full effect, you have to use them to kill tons of barbs for free workers.

Comment

It is the Jav Thrower. The Mayans make a good civ for Demi/Deity on a huge map. (IMO) since you will not be triggering a GA with wonders early in the game and you do not have to use the UU against the AI, but can use it on barbs.

If you have a close civ, it makes use of the UU more likely. At sid I prefer to use commercial civs to start with alphabet.

Comment

And why would that be so vmxa?

-Ron
                "It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. " Voltaires

Comment

Because closer civ = earlier war.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                    For full effect, you have to use them to kill tons of barbs for free workers.
                    I did feel special having barbarian slaves . savages.

Comment

Originally posted by barbeerhj
                      And why would that be so vmxa?

-Ron
                      As Kuciwalker said, if they are close you will be fighting sooner. If you are playing at monarch or lower, you can probably hold them off without using the JT.

At any levl over emperor, you probably will face too many units to skip the UU. If you could avoid combat until you had swords/horses (if you had the resources) then it could be done.

Also at the first levles, if you triggered a GA right away, it is no big deal. Yes it is a waste, but you can afford it. As you move up in difficulty, it gets to be more painful to burn the GA.

Comment

Is it even possible to win civ vmxa1?

-Ron

Comment

AH !

I meant "sid" instead of "civ"

Sorry for the typo

Comment

Yes it has been done by many players. I have one posted in the sid thread and several others do as well.

You can find some real extreme examples over at CFC in the HOF forum. One fun read is SirPlebs.

Those games are a lot of fun, but take a lot of time. One of my early games that I still remember was a loss to the AI on culture, just as I was finally taking out some civs. I learned a few things from it though.

Comment

Wasn't there one guy who modded PtW to be Sid-level and basically pwned?

Comment

Working...
                              X