No announcement yet.

Just how effective is air superiority?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. But they can carry out multiple missions in a turn.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Ah, so you can rebase and do air superiority all in one turn.

Comment

Originally posted by gunkulator
        Ah, so you can rebase and do air superiority all in one turn.
        Correct. It should be noted though that Recon missions and rebasing to a ship will end the turn of the aircraft regardless of MP's remaining. Also, an aircraft can only perform one bombing mission per turn.
        * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
        * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
        * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
        * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

I've gotta say that I haven't used aircraft much since the latest expansion, I found them hopelessly useless when the original game first came out. BUT, that does not mean aircraft aren't any good. I just prefer creating nothing but tanks and mech infantry to squash my foes I imagine that some improvements have been made but I haven't followed up on it too greatly. My strategy in the game is to try to get the Military Academy, Pentagon, army related wonders and manufacture armies in one city until Mobilized Transportation is ready, then I have armies and armies of tanks lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mike4879
            I've gotta say that I haven't used aircraft much since the latest expansion, I found them hopelessly useless when the original game first came out. BUT, that does not mean aircraft aren't any good. I just prefer creating nothing but tanks and mech infantry to squash my foes I imagine that some improvements have been made but I haven't followed up on it too greatly. My strategy in the game is to try to get the Military Academy, Pentagon, army related wonders and manufacture armies in one city until Mobilized Transportation is ready, then I have armies and armies of tanks lol
            Its one way to do it, but a little bull headed for my tastes. I prefer a more 'combined arms' approach to warfare. Not to mention that I have a reputation to uphold

-Mad Bomber
            * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
            * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
            * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
            * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

I wonder, if Elite-status has any bearing on intercept%... Do Elite ground combat units get any +% on their attack/defence?

Also, artillery units seem to have regular-veteran rankings, without the hp, of course. The green dot on top of a combat units hp bar, telling about the movement the unit has, seems to be at different heights in some arty units, and captured ones in C3C. I wonder if they have any effect on effectivity?
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
              X