Game too slow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game too slow.

Ok i used to have a celeron 333Mhz, i could not play the game because after a while it took a long hour for the ai to play. Now i bought a amd 2600+, 512memory and nvidia 5700, but the problem remains. I started a game (conquest) in an earth map 180*180 with 7 civs, i am now at 1300 AD and it takes 5min to the ai to play and it gets worse. Is there anything i can do ?

Sorry for the bad english, I like the game a lot but cant play 5-6 turns every hour:/

Wow, you tried to a game with a 333Mhz celeron...

180*180 that 'huge' setting right?
    Even then, with only 7 civ's that shouldn't happen, certainly not that soon.

What's running in the background...etc...?
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Nothing i have closed everything before start playing. The game is at sid so there are a lot of units, but still i was hoping it would be like civ2 with the new pc. I guess i was wrong, maybe i should play in a smaller map and hope it will be better.

Comment

As far as I can see, Lykeas, that machine should run the game fine. 180x180 is slightly larger than Huge (160x160), but not enough to make a huge difference. Are you playing an archipelago map? Have you checked Task Manager to make sure there aren't programs running that you're unaware of?
        Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Post the save so someone else could give it a go and see how it runs on his box.

I'd do it - my specs are similar-ish - but don't have civ installed anymore.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

i usually play on 256x256 maps. i basically must leave a couple background programs on since i'd have a whole lot of waiting anyways and need something to do.

anyone like the idea of Medieval: Total War's loading thingy, where you can see which AI Civ is currently active (or "thinking") and you can at least see some progress?
            I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

Hi, post the save.

You have a decent machine although the RAM could maybe be higher, do you have a decent motherboard in there or did you bolt in the cheapest model? Also, how much free space is there on your hard disk and what operating system are you running?
              "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo008
                anyone like the idea of Medieval: Total War's loading thingy, where you can see which AI Civ is currently active (or "thinking") and you can at least see some progress?
                I like a lot of things from total war, that being one. The main thing for me would be to get the 3D environment into a Civ style game
                "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

Working...
                X