Assimilation of conquered citizens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assimilation of conquered citizens

Anyone have a good explanation of how assimilating the citizens of conquered cities works? Thanks in advance

time. lost of it. sorry, that wasn't a good explanation. I'll try to look it up.

Comment

Heheheh, yeah I knew that much
      But there are potentially lots of factors, and I've never paid THAT much attention but am now curious. Does the time it belonged to the opponent matter? Cultural building that I build help? My culture vs other country's? I can think of more possibilities, however I'm hoping to get the facts, ma'am, just the facts, just like Joe Friday.

Comment

I could be wrong, but I think the closenes of culture helps. Maya/Inca, Chinese/Korean...
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

according to civlpedia the only requirement is when the population has been part of the minority population longer than not.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
            according to civlpedia the only requirement is when the population has been part of the minority population longer than not.
            Ok...and I think this is based on an individual population point basis. So that first pop point will be a LONG time changing, while the recent pop points will convert fairly quickly. This would also suggest that getting rid of the last "foreign" pop point is not quick task, since whether you bomb the city to one pop, or not, that one will be the oldest, thus last to convert.

Comment

That maybe true, but one foriegn pop in with a bunch of your own CIV's pops seems to mello the effect (if any) that foreigner has.

So I still think its best to "ethnic cleanse" and then rebuild with your own pops.

At least thats what I do and it seems to work better for me.

Or just raze the city rebuild it, then build up pop with your workers and use the captured workers from razing the city as slaves.
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

You're gov't plays a rôle, expressed as a per turn percentage chance of assimilation:

Anarchy: 1%
                Despotism: 1%
                Monarchy: 2%
                Communism: 4%
                Republic: 2%
                Democracy: 4%
                Fascism: 2%
                Feudalism: 3%

The Editor help seems to suggest this is the only factor, but I've done no test to try and verify this.
                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I apolgise in advance if my question/answer shows lack of experience. If so it is because I do lack experience.

If by assimilation of conquered citizens, you mean the time it takes to eliminate resitance in conquered cities, then a strong role is played by how much you garrison the conquered city.

But I think you refer to the time it takes to have an other player's city to pass to you.
                  In this case I agree with the ones of you saying it is a mix of multiple factors and I also would be very interested in having a detailed answer.

Thank you.
                  Omnia Mea Mecum Porto.

Comment

Yes madosca, the discussion has been about a citizen "converting" to your culture. Resistance is a separate and very temporary condition that is easy to solve. I don't know what math the computer uses to determine how many resistors get fixed each turn, but I don't really worry much about them.

Comment

On resistance: there's an X% chance each turn for each resistor to be quelled. X is determined by culture and government, yours and the enemy's. Each resistor has the same chance of being quelled, but the maximum that can be quelled on each turn is equal to the number of units in the city.

I've never paid much attention to assimilation, except hoping to avoid it when I'm trying to build slave workers. I think, though, it's also based on relative culture, time you've controlled the city and overall population mix in the city.
                      Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

[SIZE=1] I've never paid much attention to assimilation, except hoping to avoid it when I'm trying to build slave workers.
                        Hmmm, why would you WANT to build slave workers? I suspect there is a nuance I'm missing, but I'd like to hear it.

Comment

Slave workers cost no maintenance.
                          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Heheh, ok. A bit of political incorrectness there...

Comment

Bingo. Get enough slaves automated once the railnet is laid down and never worry about pollution again (disclaimer: this does not help with cursing of pollution when it causes your 100 shield city to use 1 more turn so it can pick up two shields and finish the unit.), and even better, disband your native workers and have all of your unit support available for military.
                              Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                              X