How to reset default graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to reset default graphics

How can I set CIVIII back to the default graphics ?

I loaded a .sav and it screwed up the graphics. There's dots on the tiles, and halo's around my units.

If those are the dots and halos I think you mean, just go in to preferences and uncheck two things: "show food and shields on tiles" and... hmm. I forget what the "halo" one is called. I think it might just be "Unit Color ring" or somesuch. Anyway, you should be able to figure it out.

Comment

Yes, Kloreep is right. It's not really any special graphics mode, it's just extra overlays being switched on in the preferences.

After you load that naughty save up, click the triangle icon in the top left corner of the screen (Main Menu). Doubleclick Preferences and uncheck Show Food and Shields on Map and Show Team Color Disc. Then doubleclick the "o" mark in the lower right corner - that will do the trick.

I am with you, I hate these two.

Comment

/me has come to like the color disc

The food/shields one clutters it up though. You get to know what a certain tile would produce by heart pretty quickly anyway.

Comment

The colou disk is good when playing a lot of civs. Personally I used and liked the 'colour blind option.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
          X