capital can't build wonders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• capital can't build wonders

My apologies if this have been discussed elsewhere, but I can't seem to find anything on the FAQ or the forum search or any of the readmes - so here goes:

My capital city can't seem to build any wonders, great or small. They're all greyed out, like another city is already building them, except of course this isn't the case. Any other city can build them. What gives?

Did you chop a forest in the vicinity of the capitol?
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Wait, I figured it out

Went back to the game while I was waiting for an answer from the benevolent apolyton community - fiddled around with wealth and I think I got it: no pre-builds for Wonders, right? I think I like it for balancing, I have to admit it doesn't make much sense otherwise (just chuck all those Great Wall bricks into the reactor, boys - we'll get Universal Sufferage somehow!)

Apologies again for the hasty post.

Comment

Pre-builds are allowed in the stock game. It's most likely either what T said or you got some shields from disbanding a unit in the capital. "Dirty shields" can't be used to build wonders, even if they're already in your production box.
        Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

So all those warriors I sacrificed to the Great Maker (Sid) do nothing to further my goals....

I can still hear the screams... (Ok, it doesn't bother me that much...)
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Yup if you have the tech and it is not being built elsewhere, then it is dirty shields. Any chop or disband, any type of rushed shields are not allowed.

Rush some item and then start the wonder. Prebuilds are allowed via structures or other wonders (palace/fp) and then switch. Well you can even use a unit, but they are too small to give more than a few turns.

Comment

Working...
            X