earth map for Conquests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• earth map for Conquests?

is there an earth map that is compatible for Conquests? I just found my Conquests cd after losing it for 9 months, and just found it and want to play on an earth map.

Can you please tell me where to find it, or if you can make a link for me?

Thanks everyone

davor

yes, go to CIVFanatics and follow the signs!
    The Graveyard Keeper
    Of Creation Forum
    If I can't answer you don't worry
    I'll send you elsewhere

Comment

Comment

yeah i did that and got marla's earth map but I can't play any of the new civs there. i want to play with the new civs like Spain, since i like Seafaring and Religon.

Comment

another option is to open the map and place the starting positions yourself using the editor. And then save the map again.

It is fairly easy to do.

Comment

Check my signature. Hexette is the only Earth map you'll ever need.
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Hexette is the only Earth map you'll ever need.
              HA! i was just looking forward to the "earth" map.. was always looking for a good one ... but unfortunately .... ->>>>>

Forum is down for maintenance. Please come back later.

Comment

LoL

Conquests on an Earth map are somewhat unfair to history

I don't recall nations like India and China ever becoming much more powerful then Europe simply because they had more expansion.

Indeed, who knew the Zulu's could ever dominate Europe and middle east because they were so isolated from everyone else?

-Ron
                "It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. " Voltaires

Comment

which shows this game places far too much emphasis on expansion (still leftover from civ2). Smaller empires need a boost. Something that should be done for civ4.

Comment

try this idea for small empires who need a boost:

Create a Government type (or modify an existing one), that gives nice advantages, but has lots of corruption (to make sure the empire doesn't expand to far).

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                      Check my signature. Hexette is the only Earth map you'll ever need.
                      Do the units display properly now?

Comment

Expansion matters because everyone grows technologically at the same rate, which means more beakers, faster tech lead. The bigger the empire and the more cities one has, the greater the possibility of internal revolt and instability should be- sadly, this is not likely in Civ4 since this has been judged a unfun element.
                        If you don't like reality, change it! me
                        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Do the units display properly now?
                          Nope.
                          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I would play it, otherwise.

Comment

El Mency doesn't have a C3C Earth map? His were always the best.
                              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                              2004 Presidential Candidate
                              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
                              X