Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about scenario units

Hi all,

Well, I am considering on starting up a regular old game of Civ. However, after playing around with the scenarios, I have noticied that the units included, especially The Nipponese Infantry, cannot be included within a regular old game. To me, I feel that it would be nice to add the units of the WW2 scenario into a regular game, say Nipponese for Japan, etc, and generally when the time comes and they research the technology, they will have those units.

So, is it possible that I could perhaps copy the unit file and add it into a special unit file for each Civillization or something? Thanks

You could definitely add those units as as additional UUs (or as additional units available to all). However, I'm not up on what's needed for that in Conquests.

You'll need to create a Conquests scenario and add the unit and its stats to it, and then copy the art folder for it from the WWII scenario folder to your scenario's folder. However, there's an additional step required in your scenario's version of pediaicons.txt, IIRC, to complete the process, and I don't remember how to do it.

Comment

Thanks Kloreep, that indeed does give more an idea on what to do. I appreciate your help. Also, if you can remember the last part of if anyone else knows, please tell me. It would be great to play with Nipponese Infantry in a normal scenario.

Comment

You could head over to CFC's C&C and check out the adding units tutorial.
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Thanks, I will do that. Although I cannot find it. Could anyone give me a link or something? Thanks

Comment

I think this is it.

Lots of newbie posters have posted threads in this forum asking the same question: 'How to add these units to the game". It's getting quiet tedious to move them to the main creation forum all the time. I hope this sticky thread would reduce the number of those threads. Can someone post a...

Comment

Working...
            X