Hwach'a, how good it is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lethal bombardment pwns.

Unfortunately, Hwach'a come at roughly the time in the game in which bombardment units are the least useful - their lifespan is roughly equal to the era of total Cav dominance.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Isn't that unit able to bombard sea units?
      One OS to rule them all,
      One OS to find them,
      One OS to bring them all
      and in the darkness bind them.

Comment

All land artilleries are capable of bombing sea units.

But Hwach'a (and only Hwach'a) can kill them too.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
          Unfortunately, Hwach'a come at roughly the time in the game in which bombardment units are the least useful - their lifespan is roughly equal to the era of total Cav dominance.
          How can bombardment units be 'least useful'?

Mind you, I'm still wet behind the ears here at Civ3.

I like to build stacks with 2-3 defender units, couple of artillery units, few melee-type units, and couple of cavalry units. Cavs are for clearing out the territory ahead, artillery to soften up enemy positions for assaults by melee units and defenders for counterattacks.

Now I realize there's no difference between melee and cavalry units, I probably will focus more on cavalry.

I haven't read everything in topped threads in Stragety yet, is there something on military tactics in there? I'm slowly reading the thread one item at a time.
          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Working...
          X